The Green Party has put forward a motion stating that it should take a clear and publicly recognised position on the subject of electromagnetic radiation that all its members, whether in Parliament or not, can use as a reference point, covering the following key points:
- They recommend the adoption of an overall limit to exposure of the general public: 0.6 V/m for hyper-frequencies (GSM 900, GSM 1800, UMTS, Wi-fi, Wi-max, DECT, etc) and 0.25 micro Tesla for extremely low frequencies (electric current, HT and VHT power lines, transformers, etc).
- The Green Party accepts the development of technologies making use of electromagnetic radiation as long as these limits are observed.
- The Green Party requests epidemiological studies of cumulative exposure to the various frequency ranges.
- The Green Party asks that a government organisation, independent of the industry, be set up with the purpose of evaluating the levels of radiation to which the public are exposed in their daily life.
- The Green Party recommends imposing an obligation to include information on the electromagnetic factor in studies assessing the impact of installing equipment and structures that emit electromagnetic radiation.
- The Green Party asks that legislation progress to include a section on environmental health, under the wing of three ministries: industry, environment and health.
- The Green Party asks our parliamentary members to take an active part in discussion of this question in order to achieve advances in the legislation.